If the user wants to prolong the effective use time of the battery, besides the quality of the charger, the correct charging method is also indispensable. Poor quality chargers or incorrect charging methods will affect the battery life and cycle time. Here are some tips for prolonging the battery life of mobile phone chargers.
14 tips to extend the life of mobile phone batteries
- Please use the original or reputable brand chargers. Lithium batteries should use special chargers for lithium batteries, and follow instructions. Otherwise, the batteries will be damaged or even dangerous.
- If the newly purchased cell phone battery is lithium ion, the first three to five charges are generally referred to as adjustment period, which should be charged for more than 14 hours to ensure full activation of lithium ion activity. Lithium-ion batteries have no memory effect, but they have strong Sui dynasty. They should be fully activated to ensure the best performance in the future.
- Batteries are activated and pre-charged before they leave the factory, so all batteries have surplus electricity. Some friends said that the battery is charged according to the adjustment period, and standby is still seriously insufficient. Assuming that the battery is a good battery, in this case, the adjustment period should be extended for another 3-5 times of full charge and discharge.
- Before charging, lithium batteries do not need special discharges, and improper discharges will damage the batteries. When charging, try to charge slowly and reduce the way of fast charging; the time should not exceed 24 hours. After three to five cycles of full charge and discharge, all the chemical substances in the battery will be activated to achieve the best use effect.
- Some automated intelligent fast chargers are only 90% full when the indicator lights change. The charger will automatically change to fill the battery with slow charging. It’s better to use the battery after it’s full, otherwise it will shorten the use time.
- Many users often turn their mobile phones on while charging. In fact, this will easily damage the life of mobile phones, because in the process of charging, the circuit board of mobile phones will heat up. At this time, if there is an external phone, it may produce instantaneous reflux current, which will damage the internal parts of mobile phones.
- Battery life depends on the number of repeated charges and discharges, so we should try to avoid charging when the battery has surplus electricity, which will shorten the battery life. When the cell phone shuts down for more than 7 days, the cell phone battery should be discharged completely before it is fully charged.
- Mobile phone batteries are self-discharging, when not in use, Ni-MH batteries will discharge at about 1% of the remaining capacity every day, and lithium batteries will discharge at 0.2% to 0.3% every day. When charging batteries, use special sockets as far as possible. Do not share sockets between chargers and household appliances such as TV sets.
- Although the mobile phone is within the network coverage area, when the mobile phone is powered off and charged, the mobile phone can no longer accept and dial the phone. At this time, the mobile phone can be transferred to the nearby fixed telephone by using the unavailable transfer function of the mobile phone to prevent the loss of incoming calls. This method is also applicable when the mobile phone is not in the network coverage area or the signal is weak and temporarily unable to connect.
- Don’t expose batteries to high temperature or cold, like in a dog’s day, don’t put your cell phone in the car, exposed to the hot sun, or take it to the air-conditioning room and put it in the place where the air-conditioning is blowing directly. When charging, it’s normal for the battery to have a little heat, but it can’t stand the “torment” of high temperature. To avoid this, it’s better to charge at room temperature and not cover anything on the phone.
- Nickel-cadmium (N iCd) batteries must be completely dead before charging and must be fully charged after recharging.
- If the cell phone battery is left unused for too long, it’s better to apply to the cell phone maintenance department for a live treatment. You can also use a DC constant voltage to adjust the voltage to 5-6V and the current to 500-600mA to connect the battery in reverse. Note that once touched, it will be released and repeated three times at most. After this treatment, the original charger will be charged during the “adjustment period”.
- Charging time is not the longer the better, the battery without protection circuit should stop charging when it is full, otherwise the performance of the battery will be affected by heating or overheating.
- Lithium-ion batteries must use special chargers, otherwise they may not reach saturation state and affect their performance. After charging, it should be avoided to place the battery on the charger for more than 12 hours. When not in use for a long time, the battery and the mobile phone should be separated.
The above 14 points of mobile phone charging method has proved to be effective in prolonging the life of mobile phone batteries through practice. Friends in need can try it out, which saves money and resources.