Analog Devices Corporation introduces a software configurable analog front end with integrated ADC for industrial process control systems. The new solution enables designers to create “platform” input modules for multiple product iterations, reducing costs and speeding time-to-market.
October 2019 — Analog Devices, Inc. today introduced the AD4110-1 analog front end with integrated 24-bit ADC for industrial process control systems. The AD4110-1 is a universal input AFE with integrated ADC that allows customers to design “platform” input modules that can be configured for multiple functions. This will save significant R&D costs, reduce time to market, and require less design resources.
Advantages and Characteristics of AD4110-1
- 2 software programmable input terminals–1.Current up to ±20 m 2. Voltage up to ±10 V 3. Thermocouple 4.RTD
- Replace existing 3-terminal solutions
- Provides field power for loop-powered current sensors
- High voltage input overvoltage protection up to ±30 V
- Internal current sense resistor
- Optional external current sense resistor
- Current-limited input even without power
- Over-range and open-circuit detection diagnostics
- Fast and flexible output data rate: 5 SPS to 125 kSPS
- 16 no noise bits at 62 kSPS
- 18 no noise bits at 2.5 kSPS
- 20 SPS/60 SPS with 20 noise-free bits
- Operating temperature: −40°C to +105°C
- Package: 40 pins 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP
- Power supply: ±12 V to ±20 V, +5 V
- 4-wire interface compatible with SPI®, QSPITM, MICROWIRE® and DSP
- Perform configuration and diagnostics via the serial interface
- Simultaneous 50 Hz and 60 Hz suppression
The AD4110-1 is fully software configurable for high voltage inputs based on current or voltage signals, allowing direct connection to all standard industrial analog sources. A reference design can replace multiple other reference designs, reducing module size and lowering cost of ownership. During the implementation of Industry 4.0, I/O configured through software is a key factor.
The AD4110-1 is available in a 40-lead LFCSP package. Key features include:
- 16-level gain setting from 0.2 to 24 with integrated fully differential programmable gain amplifier (PGA)
- Provides internal front-end diagnostics to indicate overvoltage, undervoltage, open, overcurrent, and overtemperature conditions. T
- he high voltage input features thermal protection, overcurrent limiting and overvoltage protection.