Ideal for high-speed data interfaces in data center servers, telecommunications switches, and consumer electronics.
Honkong, October 16, 2019 – Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS), the world’s leading manufacturer of circuit protection, power control and sensing technology, today announced the introduction of low-capacitance transient suppression Diode array (SPA® diode). The product is optimized to protect high-speed differential data lines from damage caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD), cable discharge (CDE), electrical fast transients (EFT), and lightning induced surges by maintaining signal integrity The reliability of network communication.
The SP3384NUTG series protects up to four channels in up to 15A (IEC 61000-4- 5 2nd Edition) and up to ±30kV ESD (IEC 61000-4-2) and is available in a compact μDFN package. With its low capacitance and low clamping voltage, the SP3384NUTG provides a reliable protection solution for 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet high-speed data interfaces while avoiding signal attenuation and improving the reliability of various applications.
Typical markets and applications for the SP3384NUTG family of TVS diodes include:
- Data Center and Telecom – 2.5G/5G/10G Ethernet, WAN/LAN devices, 5G wireless backhaul
- Industry – LVDS interface, integrated magnetic
- Consumer Electronics – Desktops, Servers and Laptops
“Based on similar package sizes in 1GbE and 5GbE applications, the SP3384NUTG family expands our portfolio and meets the market demand for today’s fastest 10GbE consumer Ethernet solutions for superior ESD and surge protection.” Tim Micun, director of business development for Suppression Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes), said. “It also features a compact configuration package that is common in the data center, telecommunications, and consumer electronics industries.”
The SP3384NUTG series of TVS diode arrays have the following key advantages:
- Low capacitance (0.5pF per I/O) and low clamping voltage (4V@Ipp=1A) maintain signal integrity, minimize data loss, and make devices more stable and reliable in the face of electrical threats.
- The compact μDFN package (3.0 x 2.0mm) is optimized for protecting high speed differential data lines.
- Provides protection for two differential data line pairs (4 channels) at currents up to 15A.
- Exceeds the highest IEC standards for ESD protection to ensure product reliability.
The SP3384NUTG 3.3V 15A series is available in a 3,000-pack tape and reel package. Samples are available from authorized Littelfuse distributors around the world.