Global storage leader Kingston announced that it will launch the KC600 SSD in the near future. Designed for high-end desktops and notebooks, the KC600 is a high-performance solid-state drive with a wide range of capacities to choose from, using the SATA Rev 3.0 interface and measuring 2.5 inches.
The Kingston KC600 is optimized for system response with high-speed start-up, load and transfer performance. It supports a complete security suite including XTS-AES 256-bit hardware encryption, TCG Opal 2.0 and eDrive to help users protect critical data. Thanks to the new 3D NAND technology, the KC600 has a capacity of up to 2TB1 and read/write speeds of 550MB/s and 520MB/s2 respectively. It can be used as a stand-alone SSD or bundled with other kits to help users easily install and upgrade desktops or laptops.
Mr. Zhang Zhijun, Director of Kingston Flash Memory Business, said: “The KC600 is a 2.5-inch SATA solid state drive built with new 3D NAND. With up to 2TB of storage capacity, reliable hardware encryption and amazing read and write speeds, it is common consumer and The preferred choice for enterprise customers to upgrade their systems.”
The KC600 will first introduce 256GB and 512GB capacity products, and will introduce 1024GB and 2048GB capacity products in the future. Stay tuned. The KC600 Series Solid State Drives are backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and Kingston’s proven reliability.
KC600 SSD Specifications:
- Appearance size: 2.5 inches
- Interface transfer: SATA Rev.3.0 (6Gb/s) – backward compatible with SATA Rev.2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Storage capacity 1: 256GB, 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB
- NAND: 3D NAND
- Encryption: XTS-AES 256-bit encryption
- Continuous read/write speed 2: 256GB – up to 550/500MB / and 512GB – 2048GB – up to 550/520MB / sec ，Maximum 4K read/write speed 7: up to 90,000/80,000 IOPS
- Power consumption: 0.06W idle / 0.2W average / 1.3W (maximum) read / 3.2W (maximum) write
- Size: 100.1 mm x 69.85 mm x 7 mm
- Weight: 40g
- Working temperature: 0°C-70°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C-85°C
- Seismic strength during operation: Maximum 2.17G (7-800Hz)
- Non-operating seismic strength: up to 20G (10-2000Hz)
- Expected life: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty / Support 3:5 year warranty, free technical support
- Write total bytes (TBW) 4: 256GB-150TB, 512GB-300TB, 1024GB-600TB, 2048GB-1200TB
- Some of the capacity listed on flash devices is used for formatting and other functions and is not available for data storage. Therefore, the actual available capacity of the data store is less than the capacity listed on the product. For more information, visit the Kingston Flash Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
- Based on “plug and play performance” using PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary depending on the host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER random 4K read/write based on 8GB partition.
- The “remaining life” of the SSD can be found based on a 5-year limited warranty or using Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). The new unused product will have a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), while a product that has reached its programmed erase cycle endurance limit will display a wear indicator value of one (1). For more information, see kingston.com/wa.
- The total number of bytes written (TBW) comes from the JEDEC client workload (JESD219A).