An LM741 operational amplifier is a DC coupled high gain electronic voltage amplifier. There is only one operational amplifier inside.
What is LM741 IC
LM741 operational amplifier is a kind of general-purpose operational amplifier, which is a DC coupled high gain electronic voltage amplifier with differential input and usually single end output. By preventing the latch, it is designed that the latch will not occur beyond the common mode range. This allows the device to function without having to restart it. It can be used in many applications and configurations. A common configuration is in-phase amplifier configuration.
The LM741 series are general-purpose operational amplifiers which feature improved performance over like the LM709. They are direct, plug-in replacements for the 709C, LM201, MC1439, and 748 in most applications. The LM741 series are general-purpose operational amplifiers which feature improved performance over like the LM709. They are direct, plug-in replacements for the 709C, LM201, MC1439, and 748 in most applications
LM741 Pinout &Configuration
LM358 has eight pinouts, as shown in the table. And its image was given also.
|Pin Number||Pin Name||Description|
|1 , 5||OFFSET NULL||Pin used for remove the offset voltage and balance input voltage.|
|2||INPUT-||Inverting signal Input|
|3||INPUT+||Non-Inverting signal Input|
|4||V-||Ground or Negative Supply Voltage|
|6||OUTPUT||Output of op amp|
|7||V+||Positive Supply Voltage|
- There is only one operational amplifier in LM741, and some operational amplifiers IC have multiple operational amplifiers, such as lm358, lm148, lm248, lm348
- Provide short circuit and overload protection.
- Low power consumption.
- Large common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) and differential voltage range.
- No external frequency compensation is required.
- The minimum, normal and maximum power consumption of the IC are ± 10V, ± 15V and ± 22V respectively.
- The operating temperature shall be – 50 to 125 ℃.
- Supply current – 1.7 to 2.8ma.
- Solder pin temperature – PDIP package – 260 ˚ C (for 10 seconds – specified)
- To-99 and cdip-300 ˚ C (for 10 seconds – specified)
- Available packages: to-99, cdip and PDIP
LM741 Equivalent Dual Op-Amp ICs
- The LM741 equivalent dual op amp ics are: LM741A, LM741C, LM709C, LM201, MC1439, and LM748.
How does a LM741 OP AMP work?
As mentioned before, Lm358 has only one op-amp inside. An operational amplifier IC is used as a comparator which compares the two signal, the inverting and non-inverting signal. The main function of this IC is to do mathematical operation in various circuits. Op-amps have large gain and usually used as Voltage Amplifier. The LM741 can operate with a single or dual power supply voltage. An op-amp can be used in two ways:
- Inverting Op-amp–When the input source is connected to the inverter terminal pin 2 and fed back with the output pin 6, the operational amplifier is in the inverter state. Just like if pin 2 has + ve polarity, then we will get the output – ve pole from pin 6
- Non-inverting Op-amp–When the input source is connected to the in-phase terminal pin 3 and pin 2 is fed back by the output pin 6, the operational amplifier is in the in-phase state. Just as pin 3 has + ve polarity, we will get + ve polarity output from pin 6.
Circuit schematics can help us better understand how to use or work components or chips in a circuit. It is a reference to make them work in the actual circuit.
The above lm741 circuit schematic is for reference only.
- DC Amplifiers
- Summing Amplifiers
- Integrator or Differentiators
- Active Filters
That’s all for today. Hope you enjoyed this article. However, if you have doubts or have any questions about this, you can contact me in the comments section below. I’ll be happy to help you as best I can. Let us know your feedback and suggestions at any time, they allow us to provide you with high-quality work that responds to your needs and expectations, and helps you continue to give back to our products. Thank you for reading this article.