Rx13T belongs to 32-bit microcontroller series, which is used for inverter control of compact motor.
What is RX13T
Renesas has launched a 32-bit micro controller (MCU) of rx13t group, which can reduce the number of required peripheral components by integrating the function of control optimization for single motor inverter, and includes low pin number package in its series, providing high efficiency and low BOM cost. This is the industry’s first microprocessor working at 32mhz. It integrates a floating-point unit (FPU) and provides reliable performance records on RX series microprocessors, such as inverter control timer (mtu3), 12 bit a / D converter, programmable gain amplifier (PGA) and data flash memory, making the control of BLDCM possible as a chip.
Rx13t series microcontroller is designed to realize the high efficiency frequency conversion control of compact motor of fan or pump in users and industrial applications. It also controls plant equipment, such as cooling fans for drainage, water pumps, or data sensor servers, where energy efficiency is important, as well as cordless, battery powered household products, such as power tools and vacuum cleaners, which require longer operating periods
RX13T MCUs Features
- RXv1 CPU core with an operating frequency of 32 MHz and a performance of 98.56 CoreMark.
- Support for a wide range of power supply voltages from 2.7V to 5.5V. Offering 5V support provides a high level of noise tolerance
- Incorporates the MTU3 timer module for inverter control. The timer counter clock operates on a high-speed clock frequency equal to the CPU’s operating frequency, making it easy to generate complementary PWM output with the dead time that is required for inverter control
- Channel-dedicated sample and hold a function (for three channels) enables simultaneous sampling of three-phase current values, eliminating the need for error correction and lightening the software load
- 128 kilobytes (KB) or 64 KB of on-chip code flash memory and 12 KB of on-chip SRAM, There is also 4 KB of on-chip data flash memory, eliminating the need for external EEPROM.
- On-chip peripheral functions such as three-channel PGA, three-channel comparator, and high-speed on-chip oscillator (HOCO, the accuracy of ±1.0%) reduce the need for peripheral components
- Models are available with support for an operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C or -40°C to 105°C. This meets the increasing need in both the industrial and consumer fields for products capable of operating in high-temperature environments
The rx13t group has a compact 32 pin LQFP package and a 4-pin lfqfp package. As part of the development environment, Renesas provides an rx13t CPU card that supports a 24 volt motor control evaluation kit. The rx13t can now be purchased at a price that varies depending on the packaging, memory capacity, and pin count. For more technical details on the rx13t MCU, see the linked rx13t data sheet below.